Tuesday 17 November 2009

This week's selection is Easy



This week I chose "Easy", a slightly obscure song by a Canadian pop group called Dragonette. They haven't exactly scored it big in the charts with their previous efforts despite causing a bit of lesbian controversy with their video for "I Get Around". I'd never heard of them until this track caught my ear and listening to a few of their other songs I don't like them as much as Easy; there is a big difference between their abrasive and jarring electropop and this sublime and atmospheric song. I actually like two versions of the song: a buffetlibre remix which is like one of the better chillout euphoric dance tracks (the bit at the beginning is like Orchestral Manouvers) and the original which is much sparer and emphasises the excellent controlled vocal performance by the lead singer. Either deserves to be a hit but I'm not sure they will be.

Employing staff in Spain Employing staff in Spain Employing staff in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This Weeks Best New Pop Song - Blogged
OctoFinder [Valid Atom 1.0] Blog Directory http://www.feeds4all.nl This Weeks Best New Pop Song - Blogged