Tuesday 29 December 2009

Best 5 pop songs of 2009

Thought I'd publish two "Top 5 Songs of 2009" lists - one of my favourite chart hits and a second of my favourite "discoveries" (songs from lesser-known artists that were new to me). The discoveries are in the next post. The best mainstream hits of the year are all by female artists which I think reflects the way the industry has been going the last couple of years (or maybe it's just me). If you look at the way Lady GaGa has been the artist of the year and how Kesha and Miley have done so well in the younger end of the market, I think it's fair to see Girls ruled in 2009.

My favourite 5 Chart Hits of 2009
Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
Lady GaGa - Bad Romance (Post I think I underestimated Lady Gaga)
Beyonce - Halo
Paloma Faith - New York
Kesha - Tik Tok (post 2 songs that got away)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This Weeks Best New Pop Song - Blogged
OctoFinder [Valid Atom 1.0] Blog Directory http://www.feeds4all.nl This Weeks Best New Pop Song - Blogged