Sunday 20 December 2009

A great song for everyone who likes original pop music (and hates rapists)


I stumbled across a song called "Boys Who Rape Should All Be Destroyed" by the Raveonettes and am playing it all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL1nDdWBfcc

I didn't think it was mainstream enough to pick for my site "The Best New Pop Song of the Week" but maybe I should because it is a brilliant, instantly likeable and original song. Despite the title being a little on the unusual side it is actually a very accessible pop song. There is a lot of distortion going on reminding me of a Jesus and Mary Chain song but also a very infectious melody. I hadn't heard of the band but they are a Danish duo based in NY and it seems contrasting an almost Spector-like pop sound with darker lyrics and themes is typical of their output. I like "Candy" which is on YouTube and found this download of a song called "Suicide" which also sounds good.

Suicide by the Raveonettes

English accountant Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This Weeks Best New Pop Song - Blogged
OctoFinder [Valid Atom 1.0] Blog Directory http://www.feeds4all.nl This Weeks Best New Pop Song - Blogged